Translate

Monday, November 25, 2013

Add This One Thing to Your Celebration to Make it the Best Holiday Season Ever

While you are Giving Thanks & Connecting with those you care about this Holiday Season, learn to add Acknowledging to the Appreciation you express and witness amazing shifts start to happen.

From Being the Shift by Steve Stay

Acknowledging is recognizing and expressing specific appreciation for the value you personally receive from other's words or actions. 

To Acknowledge is to expand on the Appreciation by stating specifically how you feel you have personally benefited from the other persons words or actions. “It feels good to know that you are interested in and value my perspective”rather than only saying: “Thank you” or “I appreciate you”.

Acknowledging is about YOUR feelings.  Without adding Acknowledging, your expression of Appreciation turns into Praise.  Praise is about judging their behavior as good or bad, right or wrong. 

Try “It feels so great to see you”, rather than a loaded Praised filled comment like, “Whoa, you look so great!”

This is one time it needs to be all about you, sharing how you feel you have benefited emotionally from the relationship and not your opinion of the other person's words or behavior.

Here are some other examples of Acknowledgments for this Holiday Season:

-    I love how I feel when I’m around you.

-    There are few people I can really pour my heart out to....thanks for being one of them.

-    My life feels better because you are a part of it.

-    I appreciate how you smile when I enter a room.  It helps me feel valuable.

-    I cannot quit smiling when you are around.  Thanks!  I love that feeling.

-    Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your life; it brings me so much joy.

-    Thank you, I can feel/sense your interest/energy/concern/warmth

-    I love watching you play/sing/dance/laugh/share/help others/read/cook/love our children

-    I love who you are, you help me feel safe/joyful/better about myself/excited about life


For a more detailed description on Acknowledging, download the Free e-book “Being The Shift” at www.BeingTheShift.com  Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BeingTheShift

No comments:

Post a Comment